Discover the unique relationship between resistance, flexibility, and strength while also equipping yourself with a powerful tool to upgrade your physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual health. Workshops are designed to empower you to be the authority of your health.
What You'll Learn
Expect to learn the following fundamentals:
- Basic principles of self stretching, assisted stetching, and mashing
- How to use your body as the ultimate workout machine for both flexibility and strength, without any need for exercise equipment.
- How fascia is the spiderweb-like tissue in the body that serves as a tensegrity matrix by suspending the muscles, bones, and organs.
- Inflexibility is not caused solely by tense muscles, but by the dense fascia and/or scar tissue that has accumulated in and around the muscles.
- The missing link in everyone's physical training is the need to continuously resist and contract a muscle while lengthening it in order to exceed the tensile strength of the accumulated dense fascia to create immediate increases in flexibility and strength.
- Most of the increases in flexibility occur when the muscle starts in a position where it is as short as possible and then lengthened, not at the end point of the stretch where the muscle is already fully elongated.
- The flexibility of a muscle is not just limited by its own health and ability, but by the shortening capacity of its balancing muscle group.
- It is commonly thought that simply weight training a muscle increases its ability to shorten, however, the ability of a muscle to shorten is dependent on its resistance flexibility.
- Range of motion does not equate to flexibility. True flexibility includes the health of the tissue and the muscle's ability to continuously and fully contract concentrically, eccentrically, and isometrically throughout that range. Extreme range of motion is often an indicator of hyper mobility potentially leading to instability and damage of the joint structures.
- Stretching is not just a physical activity, but has direct and predictable associations with the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual parts of a person.
- ...and so much more!
Check out this video to preview a workshop...
More about Workshops
Appropriate for all ages, abilities and backgrounds
The only prerequisite is an interest. Some participants are not very fit and are looking to getting back in shape while others are serious athletes looking for cutting edge techniques to increase performance, strength, and flexibility.
No equipment necessary
All that's needed is an open space and some cushioning to be comfortable on the ground. Wear whatever clothing you feel comfortable exercising in.
Plenty of physical activity, but you work at your own pace
Workshops start with lecture time so participants can comprehend the crucial and missing information in physical training. Then we progress into the physical activity. Most people think of stretching as an easy and passive activity, but what you'll discover is that there is much more force involved with flexibility training than there is with strength training! So expect a hearty workout and perhaps a sweat.
A key feature of workshops is that each of the movements are customized to your ability. All participants are encouraged to work at their own pace and to stay within the bounds of their current level of fitness. Variations are presented for any exercise that proves to be too advanced for any individual. Some people work hard non-stop throughout the workshop while others take frequent breaks.
Additionally, the intensity of each exercise can be self tailored to make it as aerobic or strengthening as your body desires. This is the beauty of being your own piece of exercise equipment, you don't have to keep getting up to change the weights!
Work, fun, and relaxation
Workshops are designed to be informative, challenging, and fun. Aside from learning about health, one of the greatest benefits of this work is the unique interaction that takes place between people through assisted stretching. All are encouraged to be the authority of their health and also learn from the other participants to discover what it is that you need to know. While the work itself is challenging, the relaxation at the end is well worth it!
Email support and handouts to take home
A primary goal for the workshop is for participants to experience an immediate and obvious increase in flexibility. Additionally, we want participants to keep stretching once they get home in order to facilitate ongoing health improvements. To make this easy, we provide handouts outlining the concepts that were covered in the workshop and participants are always welcome to reach out via email with any questions.
Host a Workshop
Gather together a group of people and a space and we will travel to your location to teach a workshop.
Hosting a workshop is a great way to come together with your friends or family and do something out of the ordinary that benefits everyone. It's also fun!
Workshop length can be 3-4 hours, 1-2 days, or any customized duration.